Giropay is a German payment method based on online banking introduced in 2006. It allows customers of most Sparkassen and cooperative banks in Germany to complete transactions online using their online banking environment, with funds debited from their bank account. Depending on their bank, customers confirm payments on Giropay using a second factor authentication or a PIN. Payments are immediately confirmed to the business and irrevocable.
Giropay accounts for just under 10% of online checkouts in Germany, and is suited to business models that require the funds to be guaranteed.
Where can I set my payment options in the dashboard?
Go to Shop configuration > payment options in your dashboard to find your payment options.
No appointment needed, accept new booking automatically
Explanation of terms used in the table:
- Booking Type: In which type of accept bookings is the payment method possible?
- Payer geopraphy: Where can you use this payment method
- Currency: Which currencies are supported for this payment method?
- Dispute: Is there a dispute to receive the payment from the customer?
- Payment confirmation: How long will it take to get the confirmation?
How does the process look for the customer?
Your browser does not support the video tag.