What’s a discount code?
A discount code is a series of characters or a word that can be entered when making an online purchase to receive a discount or other promotional offer.
- You can generate a single discount code of random characters for to use for you promotions
- You can autogenerate up to 1000 discount codes with a prefix of your choice (e.g. "SummerDiscount").
- Advanced discount codes (Buy X get Y): You can set many thresholds. The more the customer buys, the higher discount they can get.
Note: Only experience products are supported. Discount codes can't be applied to bundles, add-ons, and value vouchers. Their values are also ignored when calculating percentage discounts.
There are two types of discount codes which you can create: Simple and Advanced (Buy X get Y).
1. Creating a Simple Discount Code
To create a simple discount code, select “Simple”. This will bring you to this simple discount code creation page:
Simple discount codes are similar to what you might already know from the previous Coupon Code functionality.
Only digits and numbers are allowed. At least 3 characters are required.
You can create your individual code or generate a random code.
|Number of redemptions||
How many times can this discount code be redeemed?
If limited, it must be a number > 0.
|Apply to||Specifies experience products and ticket categories to which this discount code can be applied.|
|Redemption period (from-to)||
The redemption period is when customers make an order. For example, they have only seven days from today to redeem this discount code, regardless of when the activity will take place.
|Event period (from-to)||
The event period is when the event will take place. For example, even though they can make an order only in November, activities that can be discounted can take place only in December.
Discount code types:
Calculated as a percentage of the total amount. Includes only experience products in the cart to which the discount code has been assigned (in particular, All products).
Must be a number from 1 to 100.
If you select 'Fixed amount' you have two options of how to apply the discount.
|Fixed amount per ticket||Fixed amount expressed in operator's currency. Decimal with two decimal digits. The value must be bigger than 0.00.|
|Fixed amount per cart||Fixed amount expressed in operator's currency. Decimal with two decimal digits. The value must be bigger than 0.00.|
2. Creating an Advanced Discount Code (Buy X get Y)
To create an advanced discount code, choose the “Advanced (Buy X get Y)” option. This will bring you to this advanced discount code creation page:
You can define up to 5 thresholds. The discount depends on one of the following:
- The number of tickets
- The value of discounted tickets
All other settings and fields are the same as in the Simple Discount Code creation page.
3. Displaying the list of Discount Codes
On this page you can:
- Search discount codes by entering a phrase from the code. For example, "222" will return the "Simple2222offPerTicket" discount code.
- Quickly filter discount codes by their status: Activated, Deactivated, Expired, Redeemed
- Filter discount codes by advanced criteria: Open "All filters" to see your options.
At the bottom you now also have the ability to 'Save for the next session'. If you check the box and choose to 'Apply', these filters will still be applied the next time you come back to the Discount Code list (even if you log out or close your browser).
- Select one or more discount codes using the checkboxes on the left to activate or deactivate codes.
4. Discount Code Status
The discount code can be redeemed by your customers.
The discount code is expired and cannot be redeemed.
There are no available discount codes left. Increase the redemption limit to make it available again.
|Deactivated||The discount code was deactivated and cannot be redeemed until you activate it again.|
5. Exporting data to Excel (XLS)
To export, click on the 'Export' option in the top menu.
You will have the option to:
- 'Export customer data as XLS' - contains the information about redeemed discount codes and orders in an Excel format
- 'Export discount codes as XLS' - all discount codes in an Excel format
6. Importing data from files
Supported formats: XLS, XLSX, CSV.
To import, click the 'Import' option in the top menu.
Step 1: Download one of the templates.
XLS and XLSX templates contain:
- Customer products on the second tab
- Examples on the third tab
Step 2: After filling in the template, upload it to the results. In case of any errors, you can download and read a report to understand what went wrong.
- Only Simple discount codes can be imported from a text file
- When assigning a Simple discount code to specific products, all ticket categories will be assigned.